Sunday, July 15, 2012

So, here we are once more. This blog laid dormant for two years, but now seemed a good time to shake off the dust and begin again. This blog wants to be about writing, and all the various aches and pains that usually accompany it, but gerrymandering will occur. Which is fine. Many a great work sneaked in while its creator was busy trying to do something else, and who knows what interesting topics we might run into?

One question that I sometimes ponder is whether (or to what degree) writing is an organic process, or perhaps naturally occurring in one individual more so than another? Are writers born? I think so. I often say that I create because I can't NOT create. Writing for me is like a tempest of the mind, that gives no respite until relief is found in the creative process. The process must be similar for others, I would imagine.

One brief plug: storywrite.com  is a great place to read works from amateur authors. My handle on that site is JoefromBelow.

More to come later as new ideas take shape.
Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment